Friday, October 21, 2016

Altered Ice Cream Container Pin Cushion & Vase. Tutorial.

Hello my darlings....
What a lovely day it is.... Sunshine, blue sky, low 60sss - sweater weather... Love it!
Alright, today I want to share one of the Tea Party series creations that went out to the lucky recipient, now I can say her name - Yorlis (who is Yorlis07 on YT).
So, how I came up with the idea of turning ice cream container into vase, on top of which is a pin cushion?
Well.....
I had few of these containers laying around.... And those are just a perfect size for storage of any craft supplies.
Altering those are the very nice way to make those match your existing craft storage...



It would have been too easy for me to saddle on something simple as that...
I had a challenge in front of me...
 Yes this adorable Tea Party gift boxes on the sticks....
I want the recipient to enjoy those and display it right the way in her craft room... What if she doesn't have a vase? What if she doesn't to use one of her vases in the craft room?..
Well, that's exactly why I started to think of the idea of turning my ice cream container into something bigger and more functional then just altered storage...
I figured out how to create an opening in the middle of the lid big enough to put my Tea Party bouquet in it (watch the process video below)...
But just covering the difference between levels with the paper was not exceptable... It suddenly down on me that I can turn that usable space into pin cushion... Ta-Da! I was so happy to see how neat this project turning out... Must more important - it is multi functional... Love it!

Cute - cute! Woot-woot! Love it all!
Can't wait to see Yorlis reaction on that clever bucket of treasures....
Hope you enjoyed this project/idea and give it a try on your own!
Warmest hugs, XO-XO-XO!
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment