Saturday, October 22, 2016

Tea Party Flip book

Hello my friends..
its me again with more Tea Party projects...
This time I would like to share a flip book...
I stumbled upon this neat technique of using manila file folders as a base, and I love how it creates flips and folds ( I love 3D or moving projects, so much more fun).
So I made few of those myself already....
This one is about Tea Party, and I love that thyme, so it was a pleasure to work on it..
Down below you will find speed up process video, if you want to get into details of this project.
So I used Manila folder for the base, scraps of papers (left from main project), some free printables & embellishments...
 It looks like something exploded here, and that's how I love my projects to be - full of unexpected fun!
 Front of the book was decorated with layers of cupcake holders, paper doily, printable cut outs and tucked in tulle and fabric flowers...

 The closer was made with multiple ribbons & decorated with paper charm tassel ( which can be used in any other project, because it is a "clip on")
 oops, picture turned side way, but it is a lolly pop on the cup cake wrapping sticking out of the book... Such a cute dimension to the appearance of this project.
  
 Lets open it up... It looks "loaded" isn't it? But really it is not.. The secret of this appearance is usage of border/strip paper (see on the left under "You & Me"). Those multiple strips of different prints creates vision of layers... I didn't do it on purpose, but it sure came out interesting..
Creating a pocket and tucking in few printables with altered paper clips, just finished that side so nicely.
On the right side, because I had larger scraps of paper for background, I used see through elements/embellishments.
 By opening the first folded page we are getting into world: here you can find usable things like tabs, journaling spots, cut out flowers and so much more...
Let flip another page..
Those two pages are truly about Tea Party with aroma real tea bag...
inside of the left flip page you can find more flips and turns with surprise goodies inside. Really it is only limited to your own imagination...
Ps... Have you notice that lolly pop? On the picture above, you can see what it was.. Yes, huge altered paper clip... How fun is that?
Adding shaker elements in now crafty world is MUST HAVE... So how about make one finished for the recipient? Nice gift as well.....
And journaling spot under another shaker window is the most fun idea ever....
Pair of tea cups.. It has a meaning - it is about TWO people, which makes this project so personal and special...
Gold embellishments are big hit this season as well, so how about gold doilies? Yes, please!!!!
And cascaded/waterfall element of vintage Tea Party images is essential and allowing us to close that chapter in style....
The back cover needs some love as well. I think sometimes we are ignoring it for no reason. Just a little something, makes the whole project...
Well, hope you liked my Tea Party Flip Book...
Give it a try - it is so much fun!
Tight hugs, XO-XO-XO, Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment