Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My first gingerbread house using gingerbread Wilton kit

Hello my crafty friends...
Today I would like to share my Xmas project..
Yes, after dinner with my family I wanted to finish my baking (oh running so late with everything), so I squeezed in few loads of cookies... which we put in a cookie trays and immediately  went and gave it all to our wonderful neighbors (we have several lonely people on our block)....
And I had this Wilton kit sitting on my kitchen counter, staring at me...
I never made a gingerbread house, but wanted to make one so bad....
And I said to myself, its still Xmas and New Year is coming, you have time and you still can gift it to someone (we don't like gingerbread cookies)...
And here I sat and started my assembly....
Luckily for me, I picked up few extra eatable decorations (which were on sale) at Jo-Anns...
W/o farther due...
Ta-Da.... my first ever Gingerbread House....


 Santa and gifts are from extra eatable kit. Red door is a fondant that came with original kit and stencil imprint as well...
 Xmas tree and candy cane column for the house is from extra eatable kit....

 The sleigh and deer came in extra kit with Santa and gift packages....
 The roof made using all original Wilton kit items: icing on the roof, let it sit for a bit to freeze, stencil on a print by gently pushing on it and carefully pilling it off; red spots/shingles made out of red fondant - just roll it thing and press stencil in it; with the small knife cut out individual shingles; apply some water on the back and put in desirable place on the roof...
To attach colorful candy balls I used a tap of icing...

 for the icicles dangling from the roof edge I used candies from the original kit: just apply a line of icing and start sticking in those candies, following your color pattern...

 Around the house I displayed a small candy barriers and Xmas trees attaching it with icing and going around those one more time to create a look of snow...





this side of the roof in strictly patches of fondant and candies, luckily for me it redistributed almost equally covering some imperfections in original icing...


In all I think it was a success and I am very pleased with the result...
Now that I have done it, Gingerbread House making is off of my ToDo list...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Xo-Xo-Xo, Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment