Thursday, February 9, 2017

Envelope Flip Book Snail Mail

Hello my friends...
Today I would like to share with you another project. It was created as an entry to KSP with Luisa's Birthday challenge
This flipbook was created as you would make for example snail mail book
I took regular box of  4x6 inches cards, those comes with envelopes....
Choose 4 cards.
Because each collection is already coordinated for you: by design, size and color, it should be very easy to do...
Tip: I would recommend to choose at list two that you might not use for anything else and two that you really like, because "bla" once you can use as a background & decorate with embellishments - that way you are using materials very frugal....
Alright moving on...
So the idea of 4 side flip out envelopes isn't new...
Take 4 envelopes pocket side up with open flip and place those overlapping each others flips North, South, East and West. Adhere those one on each other. You will have a hole in the center - that is where you are going to need additional supplies (use your scrap papers from other projects). Cut two pieces, so those fit inside crises of flips of all 4 envelopes (if it is too hard to follow - check the process video below). Adhere those papers on inside & outside of your "compass" layout of envelopes, covering the center hole.
So you will get construction looking something like these....
After you adhere the center paper piece, be sure check if all sides/flips/envelopes closing in properly and if necessary score/reinforce those score lines
After you created base of your flipbook you can start decorating process by trimming your chosen cards to size of envelopes and decorating plane once with some ribbons, lace, washi tapes, stickers - what ever your heart desires....
At the end your project should look something like this
 I used a yarn for closer (just wrap it around several times)
 You can use extra dimensional embellishments to decorate your book on outside, because inside decoration should be flatter (other way you'll have problems closing your book)
 First top/north flip: I decorated inside with part of 3/4 one of the card (1/4 I saved and used on the bottom inside flip - you'll see). I used a thing chipboard god arrow to spice it. On inside of this envelope I added some goodies - I made a place mat/journaling card & few paper doilies...
 Here you can see the top/north flip and bottom/south flip are open
 This is a view of bottom one. You can see how I used 1/4 of mint card stock... I had another piece of peachy pink card stock left from another side as well, so I used both quarter scraps here and connected those with washi tape....
 On East flip I put 1/2 of card with image of deer... For some reason it looked good there....
 Here how this flip looks on inside.... I used more scraps of papers (from my stash) + made a tiny 3x3 inch card and place mat..

 Here is an idea for you on what you can put inside of envelopes: I used dollar tree sticker (not pilled) and secured if with washi tapes + tucked under it some felt deco pieces...
 That's how your flipbook should look when all 4 sides/flips/envelopes are open.....
 more ideas on what to put inside... Remember - something flat and not too dimensional...
 Any stickers on their original see through backing would look great in your book. You can put some rhinestone bling, spooled yarn, ribbon, washi tape, Bag of tea or Sachet bag from NSK might be very sweet

Hope you enjoyed reading about this project. If you had any difficulties following word instructions, I would encourage you to watch video below (it should help).
Thank you for sharing your time with me, tight hugs,
Natasha
XO-XO-XO


No comments:

Post a Comment