Friday, April 6, 2012

Spellbinders - Heartfelt Creations Layered Elegant Swirl Card - My Minds-CardSpiration Eye paper

Hi!
Someone very special to my heart asked me to create a card for her husbands Birthday. She was very nice and offered to pay for it... Oh no! Even though I am making a little bit of cards for a bussiness...
This one was made as a gift...

I can easily create girly card, but when it's about boys - it gets challenging...
First of all I specifically asked my friend about colors...She said navy or blue…
So I got out my blue cardstock... Now what?
I was looking through images of cards on Google, and nothing was satisfaction...
Suddenly I remembered that I bought quite a while Spellbinders die Layered Elegant Swirl (HCD 716)
And it clicked...



Now it was easy... Find coordinated paper which happened to be My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 6 by 6 inches Rosy... It was perfect match! I had "Happy Birthday", "with love", "from me to you" already printed out for some other unfinished project and it was cluttering my desk. So I used it all here... I attached two of those with a brad making stripes overlap the side of card, and by adding another brad I could use a cord to make a decorative closing...
I finished inside part with punched stripe of the same paper and "happy Birthday" printed words.
Oh, of course I distressed the white cardstock to match My Mind's Eye paper....
I hope you like it! Leave me a comment!
thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing.
    Spellbinders

    ReplyDelete