Thursday, February 25, 2016

Vintage Metal Heart & a Bow Card

Hello my friends, today I am sharing with you my project: Vintage Metal Heart & a Bow Card that I created as a Birthday gift for Karen using Prima Almanac paper collection
I found that metal heart on sale at Michaels and picked it up for Karen's future gift.
Do you ever finding yourself "shopping for other people", I do it all the time.. That's why I am trying to stay away from stores, I am very compulsive shopper.
But back to the project...
Karen's style is very special, she makes amazing beauties and I wanted to match that beauty in some way.
It is hard to create in some else's style... I printed out several pictures of her creations and kept it in front of me in all times in order to balance my work. I picked up similar items that karen crafting with, even the papers.
After dry layout of papers and embellishments I started to glue it all down. I used variety glues: Mod -Podge, Glossy Accents, E6000 and hot glue. It's all very important in order your creation to last.
After adhering base (background layer) I started adding and securing layers: paper cut outs, metal filigree, flower stems, lace. Then I added modeling past in different spots for more dimension using Prima stencil.
For the most part it is layering technique and dry fitting is the way to go...












 And what is a Birthday gift without a card. My favorite style of the card is a bow card. So I created a very simple layered bow card using the same paper line.






Hope you are enjoying this project!
Thank you for stopping by and spending some time with me.
Hugs, Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment