Saturday, July 11, 2015

Christmas in July Tussy Mussy Christmas Tree

Hello my friends, happy Saturday morning!
How is your day going, mine started pretty good.
Today I am bringing you next project out of Christmas in July series. It is a crazy quilt fabric Tussy Mussy, that can be used as a decorative Christmas tree as well.
I absolutely enjoy the final result. I had a few hiccups along the way and luckily for you and me I recorded a process videos, so I can point exactly where the mistake took place (looking back).
So probably would be wise to watch the video then read a blog.
So I will share with you all pictures in here and leave you with my video. Just be sure get comfy, grab a drink and enjoy it!
Thats how Tussy Mussy looks. It is not too big al all.

 Fluffy tail created from fibers and torn fabric pieces.
 Chains are dangling on both sides of the cone with metal charms, beads and crochet flowers on it.

The top and handle of Tussy Mussy looks like this. I did the insert layer of it done with different fabric. Looks very nice and finished.
 For handle I used felt bookmark that I attached to the sides of the cone and decorated with felt heart, bow and heart button. That attachment gave me a chance to feed chains through, which created that cascaded chain effect. I used regular metal jump rings for attachment: it adds flexibility to handle and all decorative elements.



Now I can show you a little closer draping chains on both sides of TM



 

 And if you are sending a Tussy Mussy to someone as a gift, you have to put something inside. Right?!!!!!!
But if you want to off load your TM and flip it over it becomes a Christmas tree: fluffy tussle becomes a tree topper and decorative chains with attached charmes would lay around of the bottom of the Christmas tree as a gifts laying under tree. So pretty!
Here are few examples on how you can decorate packaging and make your gifts more presentable. It doesn't take too much effort at all.
 I packaged stamp and decorated it with a paper doily
 Die cut little houses and put tiny embellies in there and attached some fabric wings.



Enjoy your drink and this process video!
See you next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment