Monday, February 12, 2018

Why am I playing dolls? Unboxing Adopted Dal Dolls

Hello my friends,
Today I would like to share with you different kind of video/post...
I am lately into dolls..... Yes, dolls that we all played in our childhood...
My husband said: "Apparently, you didn't have enough dolls in your childhood?!" Which is not true... I had lots of toys: dolls, bears, cars, small villages, dolls furniture even toy sawing machine that could saw... I had it all!!!!
This is kind of different. but similar in the same time passion (and expensive one as well)
If you'll take a look through the history of dolls there always were different "waves" of toy/doll making...
Even in old times there was a doll - ragdolls
But I don't want take too much time to walk you through the history of doll making and jump right to the point...
This new "wave" of dolls came all the way from Asia. It is huge movement out there: you can find all kind of dolls - full human size all the way to miniature
So I picked up my 1st Pullip doll while traveling. Her name is Akemi
She is my "play" doll.... The one that is unboxed...
Term Unboxed/Unboxing video - means unpacking of products, especially high tech consumer products, where the process is captured on video and uploaded to the Internet.
I own few other dolls, but those are in their original packaging - I can't dare to open them...
So, if you clicked on the link above for Pullip dolls now you know what they are and probably saw  that there are many more similar dolls in the family of Pullip dolls:  Namu, TaeyangDal, Byul, Isul, Yeolume
So I want to concentrate on DAL dolls -  is an Asian fashion doll;Dal joined the line soon after Taeyang’s release. Dal debuted in October of 2006 and she is still released today though her releases have become more infrequent recently. Dal lacks the ability to close her eyes but is able to move her eyes from side to side. Dal is approximately 10 inches tall.
So the dolls that I am ''Unboxing" are:
Maltinic - 2012 Dal release and 
Mocha MIO -Make It Own Dal MOCHA Kit MIO Face & Body
Now that you understand where these girls are from we are coming to the most important part:
Adopted dolls - "second hand", pre-owned dolls. usually with changes that previous owner made to  it: repainting of the face or skin tone, changing eye chips, hair, etc....
So my sweet Hana & Hina - Custom Dal Twins  were adopted from Irene artist/shop owner on Etsy "solarsenshi"
So here is my "unboxing" video of "adopted Dal dolls" - now you speak doll language!!!
Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment