Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lace Crown - for the Queen only

Alright, that is lace crown that I created for my dear friend LeLe. She is a queen of crafting for me and I just needed to make it official...
Well the idea of all gifts that I made for her came during watching all her videos and watching how her wordrobe was feeling in: some one sent her a bib, than someone sent her a purce and so, so..
So I needed to get her her Queennies outfeet.
Well lets stick to the subject... Crown...
I did some research on crowns and the total on that idea came basicly to use laminate and seal lace in shape I wanted it to be...
Let take a look....


1. Basically, you need a piece of chipboard folded into a circle (size, hm! depending on for who you are making it for). Mine was 21 by 4 inches.

2. I wrapped that chipboard base with scotch to avoid sticking of lace to the paper...

3. Take your lace (than fancier than better), mine was about 15-18 by 3 inches, place it on scotched chipboard and starting apply Liquid Laminate by Beacon (www.signaturecraft.com) till your lace is soaking wet.

4. Secure it with paper clips or another layer of scotch or wrap some threads around it (because it is going to slide around) – simply whatever works, you can sit and hold it all night if you wish… Yes, let it dry through the night…

5. After is it dry and sturdy you can start decorating it with bling and trims and what nots. Tip, I would do it while its on the scotched chipboard base…

6. Stitch or glue together sides of the crown

7. Go get a drink, because you are done!!!



Here, if you want to see the video on this project you can do it right here... Notes: ther is no tutorial in that video, just finished result... Sorry!
Hugs, Natasha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment