Thursday, February 7, 2013

Altered Metal Letter

Well, of course I just couldn't walk away from metal decorative letter when I saw it at Marshalls, and it was one of those must be moments, because the letter was L for LeLe. I grabed it with out any doubt in my mind...
I just saw video posted by Miranda (MsLiberty25) with her altered metal letter. But she did extra work, because her letter was made from some other material and she used embossed foil technicue to alter it.
Ha, lucky me, on top of everything ales it was washed white color with a little distressed look...
Daaa! Of course I grabed it..
When I turned it around and it was hollow inside, it was OMG moment! I am telling you it was screaming Shadow Box...
 
My imagination started to cick in right the way...Project was smooth as a butter, everything just was folling in tigether....
On the top I placed white cotton lace with tulle to create fancy and full top (it was tied to the wring from the item which is on the inside, you'll see)... As well as I cliped chain and add two Art-i-Cakes on it as a dangle....
 On the side along the inside part of the letter I places three art tiles: woof squares, gessoed, painted white and stamted using staze-on ink... One more thing, those are stamped on the back as well with swirly print...
 On the front of the bottom part of the letter L I created floral spray with white washed flowers and lives...
 Knowing that LeLe loves birds, I decided to feel L's curve with bird nest and of course two birds (never put one bird - it is sible of lownliness)... White wash everything: nest, birds..
Because birdnest was too small for the opening, I created shabby lace flower... (you can watch my video on Lasy Flower)... Attantion!!! to details!!! To connect several projects in one thyme I was trying to use the same materials through all projects. For example, you can see on the wall of the letter I used the same lace as for the crown...
 On the side I decided to place gessoed and white washed Recollection acrylic flower spray with a little touch of black in a satin bow. And again, devil is in details, I hanged a TH pearl drop of the bow...
 Ok, now inside... Do you remember that I mention earlier about one element that gave me a wring to tie a bow on top of altered letter....
 Yes it was one of those wonderful dolls by Art-i-Cake...
 For the backgrond I used regular craft paper, that I cut down to the shape of letter and along the border I placed some wintage lace (all the way around)...
Shadow Boxes are good the way that you can play with those as long as you wish creating miniture world... That's what happened here...
Wring, doilie, paper flowers, Prima chipboard pieces, cameo, feather, bows, charms (lots of those products you can find at my store)
 Just let you imagination fly, just try to keep up with it....
In another corner I decided to place a wooden spool with wrapped on it super vintage lace and secure it with TH pin adding a metal heart charm and to finish it all off some paper flowers....
 One more closer shot of TH hanger and decor chane wrapped round it with dangle pearl charm and sewing machine... How cute is that???
Well, if you liked this project and want to see it in real time, just click the video play button below...
Thank you very much for stopping by and reading my blog...
Hugs, Natasha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment