Sunday, October 26, 2014

Phantom Halloween Girly Skull 3D Card

Wow, Halloween just around the corner. Time just flies by.
I was working on explosion box using Phantom by PinkPaslee kithttps://www.zibbet.com/natashascrapbookorner/phantom-by-pink-paislee-141-pc-halloween-kit and when I was almost done with it my mojo was interrupted by so many things that can take place in life...
So when I cleared my deck and put in front of me an unfinished project I was still searching for something.. Do you ever have that filling that something is just not right and all ideas that fly in your head are just wrong??? That was one of those...
I had just a few papers left so I couldn't do anything grandiose. I was thinking a card earlier and supplies confirmed it... But what kind of card? I want something special and interesting, unique if you will.
On top of that the person who the explosion box was going to have a BD right the day before Halloween, so I wanted that card to be somewhat Birthday card or at list girly...
Have no idea how I stumbled on that idea, but suddenly I wanted to do a SCULL card...
Alright, I took a very cute girly image of a skull

isn't she the cutest???
I ran it through my Adobe and printed myself a template. Grabbed some black cardstock, folded it in half, layered the template on top and cut out the shape leaving one piece on the folded side uncut.
 And creation began...
I pulled some papers and scraps that I had, traced elements of skull and fussy cut those, creating paper pieces card... If that only would be it... People who know me would say - No don't buy into it! Natasha can't do just simple things... True, true...
Ok,  take a look what I came up with

Isn't she GORGEOUS? OMG, this card is so stinking cute!
I used a layer of the clear transparent frame out of kit to put it over the card and create dimensionally or at list vision of the dimensional project. For some reason when you need some ideas on how to .. and stuff - you seem just can't find anything, so I was forced to use my imagination and creativity.
This transparent frame looks like this

So I cut the top part and alcohol ink the clear edge. Then I adhered using Vellum Spray Adhesive face part of the skull (funny wordage face of the skull) on top of the transparency sheet and attached it at the right top corner of the card.
But before that, I placed cutouts of bones and a bow on the top layer of the card and if you will lift up transparency sheet you will understand how I did it.
As I said I secured a see-through sheet in the right top corner of the card by placing a cluster of flowers
 I used some fabulous paper flowers in red, small green and yellow flowers, ceramic calla lilies were gifted to me by Irina, little purple bling and some black in gold pearl string that I had in my stash for a long time.
For the background of this cluster, I created Tim Holtz rosette  and used smaller one to balance out the card
 as well I added cutouts of skull eyes and nose and placed those on the back of the card as you see here.
Card opens up on the corner of the bow. So I added some plainer paper to inside in case if the recipient would like to write something down (I do not like to write in my cards for some reason)

Just added 3D stickers and a bling for sparkle...

In all, I am very pleased how this card came out. So Halloweeny and Happy Birthday LIKE!
Thank you for stopping by, checking out my blog, commenting or thinking to comment but forgetting to do so!
Stay tuned for Explosion Box project - it came out absolutely sweet, but it is another day story...
Have a nice day, see you next time!
Hugs, Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment