Friday, December 19, 2014

Twas the Night Before Christmas Bow Card in the Box

Hello my crafty friends!
Happy Holidays to you and your families!
I made this Easel Bow card almost the same way as I made one for my mom a while ago. But for this one I just added a few extra touches and I think it came out so adorable!!!!
Lets take a closer look...
I cut out a holly leaf banner and few images out of G45 Twas the Night Before Christmas paper collection and tuck those here and there around the window die cut. I used Flower Soft to create a snow effect all the way around the window. As well as I high lighted berries with glittered glue.


Lets take a 360 look of this card...

This Easel card stands up, so you have to make the back side look beautiful as well, just in case recipient will decide to display it. So I created a secret pocket with tag and message inside...
You can see that card stands on top of the box. I traced the template of that box from one of the old candy boxes, cut it out it from G45 paper line and put together as shown on these pictures...
So now lets take a look on details and layers of this card...
I used floral and winter die cuts to create swirls in between bow layers. Edge of the bows was decorated with trims and laces from NSK.


On the inside card looks much simpler



 But because card needs to stand up I had to put swirly die cut reinforced with bow lace and a wooden puppy embellishment that will create a stopper or border.
Here few more pictures that might show it in more details....
And we can finish conversation about this card with candies, right?!..

But..
Ha there is always but with me...
This card was suppose to travel far over seas, so I created a box for it.
For the base I took one of the finish Nestle Ice Cream boxes and covered it with papers, of course distressing the edges and stuff....
Before I adhered the papers I covered all corners of this box with candy striped washy tape from my stash. So if paper will not cover all openings   it will look nicely any way.
On the edges you can see I used postcards from this collection all the way around the box adhering those with pop up dots.  That was the front..
Now side view...


and the back side looks like that..

So now lets get to the top of this box...

Basically it looks like this..
The main image I choose a page with Santa..
I glossy accented and soft flowered few elements of his adorable outfit including few gifts in his bag.
As for the corners I used post stamps from the same paper collection that were distressed and mounted on the 3D pop dots on all 4 corners of this box. 
And above Santa I put a banner on the twine using pop dots as well....

Here few decorative elements that I used...

cut outs, glossy accents and glitter glue...
So box came out very cute and pretty fast, because of variety of decorative images that comes in each G45 paper collection.

So what a wonderful and personal gift you can make for your friends and family just using this paper collection and few laces from you stash!!!
Happy Holidays everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment