Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Christmas in July - Winged Tilda Stocking

Hello my friends!
Today I am bringing to you my PRIDE!!! That project is the pick of what I can do at this point with sewing!
I am blown away myself....
I was using Tilda magazine and followed instructions to a tea... shire quilting part of course.. Haha! This girl LOVES breaking rules.
Ok lets see the pictures of this one of a kind project!
It is X Large winged Xmas stocking. It is sewn in crazy quilt style on both sides, because I wasn't sure which way recipient will be pointing her family stockings (with my OCD it would drive me nuts if one stocking is out of order).
So here it is one side of the stocking...
 the top of it is folded decorative fabric that can be straighten or kept forded as shown on the picture. And all "Christmas in July" projects should've have wings.... (pss you have to watch the video to hear what I got to say about those), but those should've been present - can't do anything about it! Hm, maybe if I would've deflate those a bit... afterthought....
 here is a close up..
 I stitched pattern of stripes on fabric to represent a candy cane and scattered some fabric rosettes across this part of the stocking.
 For the next layer I used One Little Dreamer's golden trim
 crazy quilt layer was sewn with fabric scraps...
 and layer of crochet cotton lace with pearlized trim
 then just gathered fabric layer with hand sewn sequences.
 and crazy quilt point of the stocking...
 another side of it much simpler, but very interesting as well...
 Top layer I decided to simply cover with embroidered tulle.
 Added a layer of dangling Venice trim...
 Layer of sequin trim and some of OLD; pearl trim...
 cotton lace from NSK topped with rosette trim and gathered scrap of fabric....
 point of the boot was simply covered with fabric from the kit and on the edge I put one of the NSK cotton laces and rosette trim.

Thank you so very much for sharing your time with me.
Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment