Thursday, August 9, 2018

Shabby Christmas in July Shabby Chic Card

Hello, my friends!
Today I would like to share with you beautiful shabby chic card that I made for the one on one "Shabby Chic Christmas in July" swap at "NSK&Friends"
I am very proud of this project... It came out absolutely beautiful and very shabby.

For the base, I used standard Recollections 4 by 6 card with an envelope.
I used at list three layers of color-coordinated rectangular die-cut mats: Pink, Blue, and  Cream to create a nesting layered effect, by using nesting card mats set if dies with the decorative dotted edge.

Tip: Stretch your supplies... 
After cutting out all nesting cardstock mats use their center space to die-cut extra decorative elements (in my case flourishes). see the video...

When all nesting layers were secured on the card I added half of Recollection decorative paper doily and touched it under next layer of a 3D decorative window frame.

The 3D decorative window frame was made out of two layers of cream cardstock: 1st - with a printed image of Russian Magnolia Tilda dolls and 2nd - die-cut decorative window frame (using Spellbinders die). I used a hot glue to create a space between those layers by adding a small 3D dots.



Tip: How to hide a glue?
After you adhered anything sometimes you have a glue spacks showing on the edges... very unpleasant and unfinished look. Simple fix: add more glue (glossy accents for example) and while its wet sprinkle some glitter. Let it dry. The finished product looks very sparkling and nice.

Now that all layers are ready to be attached we can add all decorative elements...
Top left corner I decorated with Recollections half paper doily, some Spellbinders Floral die-cuts that been frosted, two of Prima flowers and a leaf applique from NSK

 On the diagonal - right bottom corner I touched another Xmas Prima poinsettia and some die-cut ephemera from "Santa Baby" collection with the second half of applique leaf and frosted die-cut paper flourishes.


On the bottom of the card, slightly overlapping the decorative 3D frame


I placed layers of NSK laces: 
- scalloped edge cotton lace
decorated with flatback pearls 
 and sparkling embellishments

- beaded Venice shabby chic trim


 Inside the card, I use scrap part from Recollections paper doily to create a pocket corner and touch in the rest of die-cut flourishes and decorate it with a scrap piece of Prima 'Santa Baby" die-cut embellishments...


I think this card came out absolutely adorable...
What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by and spending some time with me...
Hugs & Kisses,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment