Sunday, April 30, 2017

DIY Slider with Window Scrapbooking Effect Tutorial

Hello my friends..
And as I promised, I am returning to share a process of creating a Slider with Window Scrapbooking Effect, which you can use in any craft project.
There are few blog posts that you might like to read first, but this technique doesn't require knowledge of the full project where it was used:
ALICE in wonderland MINI Loaded Envelope + JUMBO TAG/Embellishments
ALICE in Wonderland MINI Loaded Envelope
ALICE in Wonderland JUMBO TAG
DIY Motion Wobble Spring Scrapbooking Effect Process Tutorial
So what is a slider with window effect?
Basically it is a tag, that is sandwiched between two layers of paper, which are spaced out with pop up dimensional layer.
Let me show you how it works/looks in finished product (it might be easier to understand the making process).
You are going to need:
- 2 prints of the same scenery (in my case its this whimsical garden with the gate)
- 1 slightly smaller image/tag with images
- chipboard or foam
- threads & yarn or ribbons
- cutting tools
In this example I am making a jumbo tag with the gate....
 First of all you want to find a place for the window on your scenery piece (it is an opening where you can see your sliding tag images moving through). In my case the opening in the gate will be a secret door/our window...
 You see when I opened secret door/window there is another image inside - it is our tag, that will be moving...
 here I am starting to pull out this tag up and you can see change of scenery in the window...
now you can see the end of the tag on its way up...
 And here you can see on the top of my project (jumbo tag) appearance of the moving tag, while I am pulling it out...
 Here you can see that the bottom of my tag isn't showing in the secret door/window area any longer, and you can see more of the tag on the top of the project....
That is very simple concept:
- you cut an opening in the top layer  (in this case secret door)
- you pulling the tag underneaths of the top layer through the cut out opening...
 here is close up on empty window...

Oh, you'll say... How come you see the same image/opening again? Very well grasshopper!

!!! Secret of seen the same opening image as on our 1st picture of secret door/window is two layers of the same picture (whimsical garden with the gate)!!!
Do you remember I mentioned sandwiching the tag?
So I printed out the image of whimsical garden with the gate twice... My tag is moving between those two layer.. And when I am pulling the tag out of the window view, you magically seen the same scenery again...
 Simple as that!
And because you are pulling sliding tag up you can see more images here....
It's like your normal tag in the envelope, but there is a secret to that tag...
To find out that secret, watch this video...
Good luck!
Hugs, Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment