Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Alice in Wonderland Altered candles DIY

Hello my darlings,
It's that time of the year and Halloween is around the corner
Pss, don't tell anyone.. but I don't do creepy Halloween anymore... But I still LOVE the Holiday..
So I came up with solution - if you can't change the celebration - change the theme!
How about Alice in Wonderland?
I agree, it's cool and you can play with this one all year around: Birthday Party, Tea Party, etc...
I made allot of items over long period of time aka "Alice in Wonderland" (pss, my attic is overflowing) for outdoor and indoor house decor
Yep, yep and that is only part of it....
You are very welcome to visit my YT channel to find out more related videos
But let's get back to this project...
Altered Candles,
which by the way you can alter towards any theme or holiday using this technique.

That's how my spooky candles looked before.
 After I decided that Lord should live in my heart and home, I had to get rid of all nasty stuff, but been frugal Russian, I couldn't just through those away electrical candles (battery operated).
So I turned then into......

Please watch the video below on how to do this technique.
You need cut out paper images matching size of your candle (then thinner paper - then batter = napkins are perfect); wax paper, hitting gun; maybe some clips. 
Prep your working area: put papers or table cloth (I was working in a cooking tray that was covered).
Tips:
- rotate your candle for equal hit dispence
- when your paper image on the candle covered with wax paper turns brighter - it means wax melted and soaked your paper image - YOU are DONE.
- you will see me melting candles from above - use this technique only if your want to have dripping effect of used candles (other way slip this step)
And Ta-Da!
Boo candle
I simply wrapped G45 Alice in Wonderland image to cover ghost (I should have try to pill the paper to thinner - oh well)


Happy Halloween candle....
I turned it into Jabberwocky and Red Queen theme


 How cool is that!!!

And the last smallest candle  turned into White Rabbit & Mad Hatter (because I had two original Halloween images on opposite sides of candle)


So go to the Dollar store and grab couple candles and give it a try....
Maybe I will start you on new passion... Bwa-ha-ha! (don't email me)

Ok, hope you liked spending some time with me and hopefully you got some inspiration...
Talk to ya later!!!!
XO-XO-XO, 
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment