Friday, August 3, 2018

Shabby Christmas in July Mail Art Envelope

Hello, my friends.
Today I will be sharing one of the Art Mail Envelopes that I created for a one on one "Shabby Christmas in July" swap at "NSK & Friends"
I took plain Recollections envelope (with the card - card I used as a base for a layered shabby card that I will be sharing later) and created a background using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical "Under The Boardwalk"
How to create a background using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals?
When you purchasing magical you can buy those in color-coordinated sets. It is much easier to blend coordinated colors then trying to figure out if your own combo will look good (in my opinion).
Magicals are powdered inks that can be activated with water. Basically, that's all you need to know.
Now just a play time:
1. Place Tim Holtz working mat (or freezer paper or baking sheet) on the table or counter
2. On the mat mark or eyeball area that matches the size of your paper (so you want waist product)
3. Open desired colors and using gentle tap sprinkle powder right into the selected area (try not to blend powders and place them in different corners of selected area)
4. Sprinkle some water using a small sprayer (I used one of the clear shimmers by Lindy's Stamp Gang). You will see activation of the powders immediately.
5. Place your paper over activated Magicals. Here you can use several techniques in order to achieve the desired look: 
- press and lift
- press and drag
- tap
In order to secure desired colors use the hit gun ( or Hair fan) to dry our paper. After the paper is dry you can tap it back into inks and dry it again (that way you will be created layers)
Have fun!
Coming back to my Mail Art Envelope...
After creating the background I decoupage some napkins from my stash, added few die cuts from "Santa Baby" Prima collection and washi tapes. Added sparkle to the whole envelope.
How to add sparkle to your project?
While my decoupage is still wet I sprinkle a bit of glitter on it and letting it dry on its own. After its dry, I shake off the excess of glitter. Adhesive grabs just enough of sparkles to give that light shimmer to the project.
Try it!
Basically, that was it for my Art Mail Envelope. I really enjoyed how it came out.




No comments:

Post a Comment